Friday, December 3, 2010

The saxophone's cool, but please put down that clarinet!

Andrew's band teacher asked him to sit in at another elementary school tonight and play his saxophone. He's stoked...and so am I! He has only been playing since September but he seems to really enjoy it. And, on the plus side, he's not too bad! I tried to sway him into playing the drums or guitar, but no. He wanted to play the saxophone. I'm happy about it, of course; but I adamantly put my foot down when he came home saying he wanted to play the clarinet. Absolutely NOT, I said. There are a million worse things in life than him playing the clarinet, but I knew that he would not continue his clarinet playing in high school. So, if the saxophone is good enough for Lisa Simpson and Bill Clinton, my little Andrew can surely do it! Plus, I think he really likes the fact that I know NOTHING about the saxophone, so I can't be "bossing him around" on how to play it. :)
Tonight's his big show. It's actually more of a practice rehearsal for him because his own school band performs next week. Bob's going to meet us there at 6 and then we'll take the little star out for dinner. I'll post some pictures from the event!

No comments:

Post a Comment