Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Happy, Happy Birthday!

On what is proving to be the most popular day of births, Bob celebrated his own birthday yesterday. A popular day of births, I say, because everywhere I looked, someone was celebrating. At school, I had three students with Nov. 23 birthdays. My Uncle Wayne celebrates the day, Robin from Prescott, a teacher here at Apollo, and many celebrities including Bruce Hornsby and Harpo Marx.
My mom started the day off right by making a breakfast of bacon, eggs, and toast. It was so good! No wonder people say breakfast is the most important meal of the day. By eating such a good breakfast, I wasn't even hungry at lunch. For dinner, I made tacos and we had birthday cake. Andrew and I got Bob the funniest card. It said:
"If you guess the phrase, a great surprise is in store for you:
_A_ _ Y B_ _ T _ _ _ _!!"

No, no, it didn't actually say Happy Birthday; that would be too easy. Instead, it said:
HAIRY BUTTOCKS!

funny, funny.

We got Bob some cool biking sunglassess (also in order to replace the pair I broke last year). Then, we actually hung out! It's been a while since we have had an evening to just do nothing. We didn't watch tv, we didn't clean house, we just hung out and talked. It was nice.
And tomorrow is Thanksgiving. I'm ready for some stuffing; I miss my Grandmother's stuffing...actually it's called dressing.
My parents are in town and I guess it's going to be a regular ol' Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment