Tuesday, December 28, 2010

On the 6th day of Christmas, the flu bug came to me...

On Monday, I came down with the flu and spent the entire night "throwing out" (as my mom says). I had never been so sick. Tuesday was spent in the bed, wrestling around trying to get my body to quit aching, only to fall asleep and then to wake up an hour later and stumble my way into the bathroom and collapse on the floor. Needless to say, it was no fun. And, I might add, I have a tendency to think the worst. So, I was pretty much convinced that I had some type of stomach disease that was finally proving too much for me to fight. (I get a little dramatic when I'm sick!)
Wednesday was filled with aches and pains in my lower back and, although the vomiting had stopped, I was very weak and dizzy. I googled my symptoms and, as suspected, didn't like what I saw. Perhaps I had kidney disease. Maybe I was dehydrated and in hours I'd be passed out and shriveled up! I went to Urgent Care on 75th and Thunderbird, but took a pain pill first. By the time I got to the doctor, the pain had subsided a bit. The doctor confirmed that I didn't have kidney disease (at least at the moment) and that I was a tad dehydrated. He gave me a prescription.
By this time, I was feeling a bit better. The anti-inflammatory pain medicine I took had kicked in and life was beginning to look colorful again.
I suffered like this for 2 more days. And really, I didn't start feeling good until yesterday (Monday). I'm going to blog about Christmas in another post but I must say it was one filled with sketchy memories and clouded conversation. I'm glad I'm feeling better now, though. I had started feeling sorry for myself and had even stated to Bob: "I don't think I've felt good since Halloween. Something's wrong with me. I think something's seriously wrong with me."
Feeling good yesterday was such a relief. To be completely exhausted for 5 days, unable to eat (although I lost 5 pounds!!), and aching all over gets the best of you.
As I said, I'll be blogging about our first Christmas together in another post--minus a lot of pictures, though. I didn't take many at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment